Not yo momma’s brussels sprouts! These are oven roasted goodies, sitting on a bed of spinach with Newman’s honey mustard dressing. Pictured on the side is a baked and seasoned chicken breast. But this recipe is really about the brussels sprouts.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil.
Put Brussels sprouts in bowl and toss with dressing to coat.
Spread evenly on baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until tender.
This is the dressing we recommend.
This recipe will work well with either Tilapia or Cod.
Makes 2 servings.
- Put 14 oz of fish on baking tray.
- Add vegetables to baking tray. We used cauliflower, orange peppers, and summer squash.
- Spray fish and vegetables lightly with olive oil.
- Put 1-2 tsp curry powder on the fish and cauliflower. Below is a picture of what curry powder looks like.
- Sprinkle a pinch salt on the bell peppers and summer squash.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Yes, these low-carb beauties tasted as good as they look! Sooooo good. We took LARGE zucchinis fresh from our garden and sliced them up for these bread-less pizzas.
You can serve these pizzas with a lean protein of your choice. For example, we added baked chicken with marinara sauce on top (in the upper right of the photo).
Makes 2 servings.
- Cut up a large zucchini into rounds. This is the “bread” of the pizzas. Slice them about 1/2 inch thick or so. Place zucchini rounds onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Add pizza sauce to the tops of each zucchini round. We prefer Muir Glen brand.
- Add shredded mozzarella cheese to the rounds.
- Add some fresh chopped basil to the rounds.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for approximately 12 minutes or until the cheese is started to get browned.
Preheat oven to 375°
Chop a head of broccoli (do not rinse!)
Mince 2-3 cloves of garlic
Put 1 ½ cups broccoli, garlic, 2 tsp. olive oil, and a few shakes of salt and pepper in a ziploc bag.
Shake it up (my daughter loves to do this part)
Spread out on baking sheet, place on top rack, and bake for about 30 minutes.
Broccoli will be crunchy and delicious!
Makes 1 serving. This counts as 3 green and two healthy fats.
This is a lean and green Medifast recipe, which is compliant with the Take Shape For Life program.